Friday, June 5, 2009

Me, Myself and I

What I'm trying to do with Off the Air is provide a little insight into the behind-the-scenes world of television, films and other types of media issues that are going on today. From what the network execs are planning for the upcoming sweeps week to the latest dramas occuring in court to protect the media's right to investigate and report the news, this blog covers what matters.



As for myself, I'm currently a senior going to the University of Florida. I'm studying here to someday work for a network producing shows and other programs. I really enjoy UF, from the top-notch football to the consistently tropical climate. It does have its downfalls though; the university is one of the largest in the nation and so sometimes you feel like more of a number than a known student. The real connections you need to make are through professors and other professionals working there, but it's often rare you'll ever have the same professor for more than one class.

I like to offer my own perspective, but I also draw from a number of sources, including mediaweek.com, the Poynter Institute, and the Huffington Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment